This tutorial shows how to install Node.js on Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Note: This was tested to work on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
1) Open your web browser, and visit http://nodejs.org/download/.Download the “Windows Installer(.msi)”.
2) After downloading, double-click on the (.msi) file to start the Node.js Setup Wizard. Click Next.
3) If you accept the End-User License Agrement, check “I accept the terms in the License Agreement”.Click Next.
4) Click Next
5) Click Next
6) Click Install
7) You will see the installation progresses as shown below.
8) Node.js has been successfully installed. Click Finish to exit the Node.js Setup Wizard.
9) Restart your computer. (Restarting Windows is required to set path variables.)
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Node.js. Now, you can dive into making your dream project a reality using Node.js.
Node.js hosting at $4 per month
To get started with programming in Node.js, follow our next tutorial: